We are glad you stopped by!

Leave us a note to let us know how you are!!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Whew...what a day!!

Brent and I got to the hospital at 1:29 so we still had one minute to spare. Mike had to wait on my pansies to arrive that I had pre-ordered so we could avoid getting on the day of surgery...then the surgery got moved back a day. They were supposed to be delivered between 1 and 2 but they were a little late. Mike, Mama and Cathy got to the hospital before the surgery because they did not take Brent back until 4:20. Before they got there we had a scare. The anesthesiologist had come in to talk to us about the nerve block. Then out of no where he starts talking about the ham string graph and I am getting really nervous because I was not told anything about this. Pastor Don was there with us and the two of us were trying to look like it was no big deal to Brent while we were wondering how in the world were they going to do this with only one incision as the anesthesiologist said. The anesthesiologist went to call the Dr. and when he came back he said it was a donor ham string graph, now that sounds more like it. We all breathed a sigh of relief.

Finally they started the surgery at 4:20 and we all enjoyed a burger from Goody's (I think) from the suggestion of Pastor Don, boy was it good. The Dr. called right after the surgery around 6:15 and said they were going to keep Brent over night for pain management. This time they had to drill holes in the bone to loop the ligaments through to secure them. Last time he was in horrible pain and I thought it was a great idea for the nerve block to wear off there where they could give him some strong meds. Finally they got Brent to his room around 7:30. As soon as I walked into the room I could tell he was upset he was going to have to stay. He kept telling me how he was not in pain and of course he could not recall how bad it was after the last surgery. Well I just talked to him and he said he is using the morphine pump because the nerve block is starting to wear off. As soon as I take the little ones to school in the AM I will be heading to the hospital and hope to bring Brent home by lunch. I sure do hope the pain lets up some by then.

No comments: