We are glad you stopped by!

Leave us a note to let us know how you are!!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rain day

Since the little ones went to school on Monday today I kept them out of school. We are calling it our rain day. Now I sit her thinking about how much these days hurt my Nanny and how she would be worrying about getting someone to fire her wood stove because it was cold in her house. Although I am sad because I will miss her I know she is not in pain because of the rain today and it is the perfect temperature where she is.


Yesterday was hard but Nanny would be thrilled to know how wonderful the church band was. She really wanted the band to play at her funeral and there was a good turn out yesterday. It was really sad as I left Nanny's house because I have so many memories from my childhood there. The kids were able to play like I did when I was little the last few days. Nanny felt so bad they were not able to while she was here. As I left and Blaine was asking when he was going to get to come back it broke my heart to know there is no reason for me to go back there. I do not consider myself materialistic but I guess you could call it sentimental because Nanny was part of that house that she held on to for all these years. Every time Blaine or Brittney mention going there I start to cry but I know that it will pass.

No comments: