We are glad you stopped by!

Leave us a note to let us know how you are!!

Saturday, July 12, 2008

14 Hours sleep

On Thursday Brittney stayed with Mama so I could work at the nursery. She got to stay because she is the "whiny baby" as Blaine says. Actually that does not sound fair but that is how it played out. I had to have something special for Blaine so that he would not throw a fit to stay too. So I told him he could have the camera that day. Well we dropped Brittney off a little bit before 10am. We did not even walk her in because I was worried about Blaine getting upset, she just got out of the car and went in herself.

Blaine & I then went to the nursery where I started watering and he started working. He was earning money for toys! He filled his wheelbarrow he got for his birthday with dirt and then we carried it up the hill for him to put in some of the tree pots that needed topping off. He dug, watered and even pruned the butterfly bushes for me. While he was pruning the bushes he noticed the mess it was making on the mat so he went and got a broom and dust pan. He then swept all the clippings into the dust pan and promptly carried them the 3 feet to the edge of the mat and dumped them out. As long at they were not on the mat it was not a mess to him. When he was threw with the butterfly bushes he felt he had master the pruners and wanted to go around the whole nursery so I had to talk him out of them.

We left the nursery at 5:30pm to run some errands and by the time I reached Oak Ridge he was saying he was so tired. As I looked in my mirror to see him talking he went to sleep before he could finish his sentence. We arrived back the house about 6:15pm and I carried him into the living room and sat him in Mike's recliner thinking he would wake up because I have never been able to carry any of my kids but Brent in and them stay asleep. Finally about 7pm when I could not wake him up I carried him to Brent's bed and took his shoes off. Mike tried several times to wake him up but he would just bury his head in the pillows.

Finally at 11:30pm he started yelling my name. As soon as I got into the room he was saying he had peed in Brent's bed...oops I forgot to put a pull up on. So I undressed him, cleaned him up, put a pull up on, stripped the bed, and moved him. I was worried he was going to be up for the night then but all he did was ask me if it was his turn to stay with Grammy and then back to sleep until 7:30am the next morning. He had a total of 14 hours sleep. I guess I worked him to hard at the nursery but the good thing is that he was really rested up for his night at Grammy and Papa's last night!

Below are a few of the over 100 pictures he took on Thursday.

This is his fingernails he painted

I took these pictures but I am sure you guessed that.

He must be kin to Papa to take this many pictures!

2 comments:

Nick said...

So, is Blaine going to be a professional landscaper or a professional photographer?
LOL ~ jennifer

Shay said...

Hmm...I am not sure! Really I guess it does not matter as long as he lives right and knows Jesus Christ.