We are glad you stopped by!

Leave us a note to let us know how you are!!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back to normal?

You know it feels weird to say we are waiting for things to get back to normal because really nothing will be ever be normal again. It will especially be weird around the holidays when our families get together. So as our family prepares for our "new" normal I thought I would share some photos from the other week.

The little ones got to know family that they were really not even aware that they had. It is no ones fault just that everyone seems to be so busy we forgot about what is important in life. I hope that the last few months will help me to remember to take the time to spend time with loved ones. I promise I will be calling more of you to come visit with us. Of course I have got to stop living in "CHAOS". My close friends know that CHAOS stands for Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome. Hopefully all that will change after school starts and I can actually clean in one room without another being destroyed. Plus do you know how much I will be able to get rid of with out them there...hehe



Blaine and Brittney are just crazy about Wyatt, Nate and Vicki above. I hate I do not have a picture of Bill b/c he is Blaine's new buddy. We got to meet a lot of people who were long time friends of Granny's.

Brent & Amanda are practicing the music for Granny's funeral.

Brent really took on a lot of responsibility at both services. It was awesome b/c Pastor Don sang with him at the service here. He even had to learn a song from 1925 that was sang at Granny & PawPaw's wedding for the service in Burnsville. We were very proud of him.

Tiger's butt

Not really sure what Brittney is doing here

Blaine w/ his gfriend...just don't tell Brent. I love that face!

The kids playing at the church after the funeral.

Brent practicing the 1925 song that he suckered Kitty into playing with him. My favorite was how Kitty called the verse "ugly". Kitty did great especially since Brent got by with just playing the chorus.
Corey's baseball coach never taught him to hold his bat with both hands. Amanda and I were the best at tennis...we rocked.
The only video game you will ever see Mike play... but he is pretty good at bowling.
Brent thought he could casually beat his Daddy and Corey at bowling but he ended up having to actually try so he could stay ahead.
I have a lot more to share but I hate to make the posts so long so I will do some more tomorrow

1 comment:

Leigh Anne said...

I completely understand about trying to get back to normal after losing some one you love.... I felt the same way when my grandma died in Feb. I guess "normal" is different now, and I've found it a little hard to get used to. You guys are in my prayers!

I love the pics!

--Leigh Anne