Or should I say dig it. We had a busy day today and Brittney and Blaine had a blast. We started the morning around 9am by getting the shovels (kid size) and wheel barrow at the nursery. We loaded the wheel barrow down with bulbs and headed to the bed on the side of the road where the nursery sign is. Our first goal was to remove all the dead annuals from spring and get a few weeds that had snuck into the sides of the bed. The kids worked hard at doing this. Then they got to do the fun part of digging the holes. It was amazing to see how much they could do with those little shovels. The wheel barrow maybe small but they overfilled it three times. When I would step in to help and finish getting the hole ready for the bulbs they would get so aggravated. At the end of the day we were all tired and we will now anxiously wait for spring to come and bring to us blooms of the crocus, hyacinth, daffodil and tulip bulbs we planted. Of course Mike wanted to know if we measured and made sure everything was right... well of course I stood back and the kids counted out the bulbs and tossed them in the hole. I assure you these will be some of the most beautiful flowers you have ever seen... if the squirrels do not discover them. Enjoy the pictures below!!

I had already pulled them all up not thinking how fun that thought would be.


I hope they do not wet the bed tonight after all the bottled waters they drank. Check out that wheelbarrow and in this picture they are putting the dirt back it was over the top.

Got to pack the dirt back down
Break time...these were their second apples that Papa brought them. Apparently they gave them renewed energy. You will love this short video.
And if they didn't then their happy meals did, of course so much hard work deserves a happy meal!!
Blaine do not stand up in the wheel barrow.... it will fall over!!
I will finish off with some more of Blaine's famous pictures on the way to Grammy & Papa's house tonight and end with yet another famous picture of his shoes. I believe we have really got our money out of these!

On a funny thought they kids should be settling in right now to watch the 9pm viewing of Madagascar 2 with Grammy & Papa. They went in their pajamas and I can see them now breaking out into to dance when the music starts. Have a good night and a wonderful day of worship tomorrow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment