We are glad you stopped by!

Leave us a note to let us know how you are!!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

In Memory of PaPa

We got to the hospital on Wednesday June 11th just as my Papa passed away. As soon as we stepped on the elevator I got the phone call from Mama. After we got off the elevator I took the time to praise the Lord with my kids that Papa was now with the ultimate healer. He would no longer be in any kind of pain. When we arrived on the 9th floor I let the kids make their own decisions if they wanted to go where his body was. Of course Brent went back there b/c he had already done the same thing when his Aunt Dotty passed away. Brittney went back and was at peace with his body being there and him being in heaven. Blaine came on later - he told Mama he wanted to go back there b/c he thought God was back there. Mama took him back and then when he came out he said "I think I missed God b/c he was gone." Thank the Lord that all my kids know about Jesus and our ultimate goal in life or this could have been harder than it was. We also learned the wonderful news that my Papa had rededicated his life to Jesus about six months ago with an employee of the town. Thank you Lord that the Holy Spirit led this man to have this hard talk with my Papa.

CAMPBELL KERNERSVILLE - Robert Kever Campbell, 80, died Wednesday, June 11, 2008, at Forsyth Medical Center. A native of Dillon, S.C., he was born Sept. 16, 1927, to the late Willie Mae Campbell and Stinson Kever Campbell. He was a graduate of the University of South Carolina with a civil engineering degree. He retired in 1992 from the Town of Kernersville as director of public works. He continued to serve the town as a consultant for several years after his retirement. Survivors include his wife, Marilyn Branch Campbell of the home; daughters Betty Green and her husband, Terry, of Kernersville and Sherry Campbell of the home; son Bobby Campbell and his wife, Kay, of Kernersville; grandchildren Michelle and Renee Green; Shay Gauldin and her husband, Mike; and Robby Campbell; and great-grandchildren Brent, Brittney and Blaine. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 14, at Pierce-Jefferson Funeral Home Chapel, with the Rev. Mike Willard officiating. Interment will follow in Mount Gur Cemetery. The family will visit with friends from 6 to 8 this evening, June 13, at the funeral home in Kernersville, and other times at the home of his son, Bobby Campbell, 330 Broken Saddle Lane, Kernersville.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear about your Papa rededicating his life.

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of you, well for many things, but for now especially how you've raised your children and what a blessing they have all been during such a heart rending time. They have been rays of sunshine and hope. Brent just being there and knowing when to be quiet and when not to. His behavior has not only been that of a man, but of a man of God. Brittney and Blaine have been bright little pops of color in a very dreary, dull gray landscape.

This is a testament to how you and Mike take the time and care to raise them up right. I just want you to know how much I love you, all Five!!!!!

Aunt Sherry